Monday, November 24, 2003

"Shannon" is nearing completion. I have about half a sleeve to knit, then seam it together and knit the button bands. Here is the back, which is my current knitting masterpiece:






Now, should I let my daughter actually wear it?

I've decided there is no such thing as "difficult" knitting; there is only knitting you've done before and knitting you've not yet tried. Some knitting requires more attention and takes longer to complete, but it is still just a combination of knit and purl.

The snow has finally arrived in Traverse City and our weather experts tell us winter is here to stay. Instead of feeling the doom and gloom that a long, cold, dark, snowy winter usually brings to me, I'm determined to take a positive spin this year -- hey, isn't it great to live in a place where I can get so much wear out of all these warm woolly things I knit??!! Right now I'm snuggled up in Lochinver topped with Samuel, both of which can be seen here.

Not much thinking today. I have to write a book review and must, must, must stop procrastinating and just do it.

No comments: